Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Shoulder Therapy aka self medication

2/28 lift box squat 5x295 plus snatches 3x70,80,100 (r side) 3x70,70 (l side) pull-ups with 50lb kb and 80lb kb swings

Still resting the left shoulder this week.  A marked improvement on the previous 5x5 week, as I did my this same top weight in a 3+2 rep fashion.  The dumbell snatches were fine, but going heavy on the right side only is starting to tweak the left side of my back.  I think I tweaked it on the barbell snatches on Friday when I missed a rep.  Didn't run this weekend at all.  I'm not sure if this is for better or worse.  I realized I had been feeling very lethargic and tired this past week.  Hopefully I can get it together going forward.  I'm not sure if it's related to nutrition or over-training.  Nutritionally, I tend to under eat and skip meals unless I watch myself.  I also have a tendency to eat too little protein and vegetables.  I'm going to get back to eating my regular breakfasts, lunches and dinners to see if this will help me feel better.  I think my work schedule is also causing some problems.  I work nights two days a week and sometimes the hours can run long and this completely screws up my natural sleeping schedule.  That's part of why I'm up at 4am writing a blog post.  I went to bed around 11 but woke up after 3 and can't get back to sleep.  Monday nights are the worst, as this is my first "regular" night after working two night shifts back to back.

In an attempt to calm the constant ache in my knees I'm trying out some SAMe therapy.  I few months ago I went through a bottle of GNC glucosamine plus SAMe and I distinctly remember my joints feeling the best they had in awhile.  I looked for this product in the following months, but it appears they discontinued it.  So I've decided to try taking a specific SAMe supplement on top of my regular glucosamine and chondroitin supplement.  I'm not going to get into the science or lack there of, but I'll keep everyone posted on how things go.  I discontinued use of cissus quadrangularis over a week ago, as my forearm tendinitis is mostly healed at this point.  I definitely feel like the cissus made a big difference, but I don't feel it's something you should take for more than 6-weeks continuously.

No comments:

Post a Comment