Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

50 reps and stick a fork in me

3/30 lift power clean 5x200 deadlift 5x380

5 sets of 5 reps is no fun after running 9 miles the day before.  It didn't help that I had just finished eating lunch right before we started working out.  I got my feet moving properly on the cleans, but the pull got ugly towards the end.  I nailed my knees one time with the bar and I started pulling wide afterwards, which screws up the catch position.

Deadlifts weren't fun either.  The last 2 reps of the top set were about as close to the ragged edge as you can get, but it felt great to pull them hard without any back pain.  I was too wiped to do any auxiliaries.  Tomorrow I plan to do my intervals in the MT10's if my foot feels good.  I had to help my brother move this afternoon and now my foot is bothering me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment