Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Squat madness

3/4 lift 5x185,205,225,245,270 plus 3xpull-ups bw+50lb kettlebell, curls and rotator cuff band work

I still don't understand how my body has never recovered it's squatting ability, but here I sit struggling with 270lbs for 5 reps.  I guess it's just slow to recover, but it seems like my deadlift is nearly back to pre-injury levels while my squats continue to lag.  I'm not sure if the running is partially to blame.  My back is definitely a weak link on the squats.  I've never felt the core stability I had before my back injury.  I'm not even sure if I can do bent-over rows now.  I would like to try adding them and some heavy good-mornings.  Today I was pressed for time with my work schedule so I wasn't able to add anything to the routine.

My left shoulder doesn't seem to be improving at all.  I'm adding in more rotator cuff work, as I know I haven't been doing enough.  I just hope I didn't tear anything.  If things don't get better in the next week or two, I'm scheduling an appointment with the orthopedist.

No comments:

Post a Comment