Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Full Pull

3/23 lift power clean 3x215 deadlift 3x390 plus 21's x85 and a few dips and ab work

I finally sorted out some of my recent power clean problems.  I've been focused so much on getting my feet to pop out that I was shorting my pull.  I went to pull 215, and missed my first one, hit my second and missed another.  About this time with some observations from my lifting partner I began to realize where I was breaking down.  I pulled the next two cleanly without issue, making a point to complete the pull with full back extension before dropping under the bar and popping my feet out.  I guess sometimes you just need to slow down and take your time.  At least it makes sense now, as I couldn't understand how my pull could get weaker, while my deadlift would move up.

I moved up on the deadlifts, as well.  Sticking to my 5lbs a workout to keep me on track to regain my previous form.  I've been feeling strong in my legs and back lately.  Which is kind of surprising with my ever increasing running volume.  Although I've been on a reduced lifting volume thanks to skipping my Friday squats two weeks in a row along with a bunch of missed bench days.

My left foot is aching a bit tonight.  I was really hoping to pull off another genuine trail run in the NB Minimus Trail MT10.  I've only managed one so far, as I continue to use them for my Tuesday interval workouts.  The intervals are probably the hardest workouts for my feet and calves, but I prefer the added feel I get from the MT10 for these.  I think the shoes really help me feel my way to improved running economy.  I'd like to push it, but I don't want to get myself into real trouble before the obstacle course this weekend.  I'll wait for those first steps of the day, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment