Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thursday is the New Friday

10/14 lift squat 1x285 bench press 1x260 plus 3 sets of pullups and dips with +40lbs on the 2nd set

I should point out that we made significant increases to the weights we used for our 5,4,3 and 2 rep sets, so this made the singles even harder.  We should start adding more weight on the dips, even though my shoulders sound like rusty hinges doing them.  The squat was brutal for me, but I'm still relearning how to fire my back and hips without pain.  If I can keep from hurting my back again, I bet I could hit some of my old numbers in the next two months.  My lifting partner tried to talk me into doing 275 on the bench, but I stuck with my 5lb increase from last month.  This was probably for the best, as I got a little crooked when I went to press it out and I don't think I could have recovered with another 15lbs on the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment