Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dead Legs

10/9 spin 60mins

Did another "basics" class at SYNCStudio on Saturday.  I decided to try my mountain bike shoes (Specialized).  They worked pretty good, but the bottoms of my feet started to get numb about half way through.  I also felt like I have my cleats set a little too far back from the ball of my foot.  I never noticed this on my mountain bike before and I remember spending a lot of time to get it setup right, so I wonder if the clips are offset on the spinning pedals.  My shoes have laces and velcro, so they are a real pain to put on and take off before and after class.  I'll probably get a dedicated pair of spin shoes if we decide to keep going.

I enjoyed the class, but I continue to struggle with keeping in time with the teacher.  I seem to catch on to a little bit more each class.  I think I might finally get my seat setup just right in the next class.  So far my knees feel ok this time, but I'm reserving judgment until after the next 48 hours.  Otherwise, my body is done from the waist down.  Between the lunges, burpees, squats and spinning over the last few days, I just want to sleep through the rest of the weekend.  I was thinking about getting in another workout on Sunday, but I'm going to take the wait and see approach on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment