Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Spin Cycled, Permanently Pressed and Tumbled Dry

10/12 spin 60 mins beginner/intermediate

Apparently I'm a baby spinner because this class kicked the crap out of me.  I think in part due to the intermediate level, there was no instruction prior to each move and they were all done so fast I had trouble catching on.  I had a hell of a time trying to keep up.  I could keep my pedals at the right cadence, but I could never get my upper body to match.  The various 6+ minute climbing sessions didn't help either.  I just hope my knees and my foot feel alright tomorrow.  I think I spent a lot more time off the seat and with significantly more tension and higher pace.  My left foot was starting to hurt like it did from running toward the end of the class.  I think I will try and stick to the basics classes for a few more weeks.  I also wore a new pair of compression shorts that were crushing my FUPA, which messed with my breathing.  I never realized I was such a belly breather until I wore these shorts!

The schedule for this week has changed again, as my lifting partner couldn't make it today, so we are lifting on Wednesday and Thursday.  I still might try to get in a yoga or a ninjafit on Wednesday and Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment