Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mental vs. Mechanical

10/13 lift power clean 1x225 deadlift 1x365 plus incline dumbells 5x65,5x70,7x75 and dumbell hammer curls 2x7x85

Today I was able to push through the mental barrier I've been harboring on the deadlift.  After another back injury with 365 four weeks ago and a few times where I went to pull 365 and felt like I was going to re-injure myself; I finally did it.  I was only planning to do 335, but my 325 double felt so light, I knew I had the strength to complete the lift, I just needed to get my head right and keep my back lined up and evenly pull my left and right sides.  The actual pull was easy, if I wasn't scared of popping something loose, I could have done something in the 380-405 range.  The best part is my core actually felt stable.  This is the first time I can say that in a long time.  I've done some heavy box squats, regular squats and deadlifts, but I haven't felt stability in my core since I first injured my back.  I wonder if the NSAID is part of what's helping.  Whatever it is, I'll take it.  I used to have incredible back strength and it feels great to see a glimmer of that again.  We have to max out on regular squat and bench tomorrow, so hopefully I will have good things to report on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment