Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What a difference a little success makes

1/19 lift power clean 2x225 deadlift 2x385 plus inclines presses with 65,70,75

Today felt like a breakthrough in comparison to my last few weeks of lifting.  I struggled to make the cleans, as I still can't seem to find any explosiveness in my legs and back, but I made the same weight as last month.  I've been reading up on powerlifting form looking for ways to improve my lifts and I think it paid off on the deadlift today.  I pointed my feet straight ahead to help me drive my hips forward.   This seemed to really make a difference, as I had no trouble making the double.

I want to up my protein intake to 1 gram per pound and perhaps as high as 1.5 grams per pound.  My hopes is that this will help me to progress in my lifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment