Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

squat, snatch and two smoked weightlifters

1/28 lift squat 3x275 bench press 3x240 plus pull-ups with the 50lb kb and a new addition, barbell snatches with 3x135

I really didn't want to squat with 275 today, but I sucked it up and gave it a shot.  Thank goodness I managed to get the reps, although it was a near limit experience.  I don't know how I would handle another squat related failure.  I used to be a great squatter but even though my back feels great, it seems like my power has never recovered.  Now anything over 135 feels heavy to me.  Moved up 5lbs on the bench, although I definitely felt every ounce of it.  Due to our continued two steps forward, three steps back progress with the one-arm dumbell snatches, we decided to add a similar explosive movement to Fridays.  We were originally planning to add some lighter, high rep one-arm dumbell snatches, but I wanted to play around with the barbell snatch, as I haven't done them in years.  Turns out my technique seems to have improved.  I think we will be making these a regular item.  I look forward to really pushing some weight on them next week, although I should take it easy, as it will be the day before the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment