Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

On the run again... for now

1/20 run 28 mins one loop of Sal's Branch trail @ Umstead

I felt pretty good on this run with an average heart rate of 166 and a peak heart rate of 178 bpm.  My right knee felt much better than my last run and I made it through a full loop of Sal's Branch.  I wanted to keep going, but I need to be smart and build up my distance more slowly this time.  On the run I was subconsciously tensing up my right quad to protect my knee and it seemed to be making things worse, so I did my best to relax and ride out the downhills.  I remembered to bring my ice pack in the car with me, like I had to do for my left knee when I first started running.  My plan is to do 45 mins on Saturday at an easier pace if my knee stays healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment