Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Another Wednesday Tipping Point

1/26 lift power clean 3x210 deadlift 3x375 plus inclines 70,75,80 and overhead presses with 55's

The cleans were ugly again, my strained left calf caused me to do a split clean on my heaviest set.  The deadlifts are still getting better, thanks to a slight change in form and foot position.  Inclines felt strong and overheads are sucking thanks to my left shoulder troubles.  I don't think I did my right knee any favors by lifting on it, even though lifting seems to make it feel better, at least while I'm lifting.  The swelling is minor compared to what I experienced after my first long run but it's still enough to limit my range of motion and make going down steps slow and painful.

If it wasn't for having to work on the car standing up before and after lifting and going out to dinner that night, I think I would be better shape, since I could have kept my knee elevated and on ice.  The hardest part about swelling in the lower extremities is the difficulty and time it takes to dissipate the excess fluid.  Having to spend most of my days with my leg elevated cuts into all the things I need to get done, but if I don't do it the pain and swelling will just keep getting worse.  I'll be glad when this race is over and I can take the time to find the line between maximal and optimal adaptation in my current training regimen.  Here's a good article on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment