Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

True grit

Today was one of those days where every step hurts.  Just trying to get up in the middle of the night was an exercise in pain and suffering.  Lifting weights was the last thing I wanted to do, but I feel better for it and nothing broke off.

9/10 lift squat 5x255 bench 5x215 (could have gone up)  standing overhead dumbell presses 5x55 7x55 pullups 35lbs

The core lifts this week are 5x5's so it's a tough week as all sets are work sets.  My shoulder tendonitis is still bothering my left side, making benches and overheads difficult.  I keep my elbows in tight on the the overheads otherwise I wouldn't have a chance.  The squats were painful but as long as I can keep my form together my back doesn't suffer as badly over the next 48 hours.

I'm not sure how I'm going to run Saturday.  My arch issues are now arch, achilles and heel issues.  My heel is tender to the touch on the inside as well as the bottom and my ankle feels swollen and limited in its range of motion.   I'm going to see about getting some transitional shoes that could help me limp through this without losing too much.  I'm signed up for the USMC Mud Run on the 25th, so I have 14 days left to bring it all together.  My rest and nutrition need to get serious and I'm going to try and mix in some more of my previous activities.

In other news, my biopsy results are negative, although my GI doctor stated the damage can be patchy and easily missed.  Based on my symptoms and the large rash on my right leg, she has me staying gluten free and going to see a nutritionist with Celiacs.   I'm looking forward to cleaning up what I put in this garbage can of man meat I call my corporeal home.  I just hope I can start feeling as good as I did before she had me do another 5 days of gluten.

No comments:

Post a Comment