Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Slowride

Doing my best to take it easy today.  Woke up with a wicked sore throat and runny nose.  I'm not sure if getting a full 8 hours would have helped, but I'm pretty sure 3 wasn't enough.  My left foot is about the same.  I was looking at the Nirschl Pain Phase Scale and realized I'm holding steady at Phase 5 and there are only 7 phases.  Hopefully I can back this down a few phases and get through the Mud Run next weekend without being any worse for the wear.  My plan is to stick with the VFF's this week and just take it easy and try to make each run less painful.  I think we will be taking it easy with the weights, as well.  I might even sneak in one of those extra workouts I talked about for last week.

I feel like I've had much better consistency with my training the last few months, but almost to my detriment, as I can't seem to stay healthy.  I'm looking forward to reaching the end of this plateau, so I can push ahead to some of my training goals.  I'll talk more about those later this week.  I don't want to look past the Mud Run yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment