Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Last Lift Before Mud

9/24 lift squat 6x205 bench 6x215  3 sets of pull-ups and 1 set of hammers

Yes, you are reading that right, I did more on bench than squat.  I have officially become one of those guys...  My back is still pissed off at me, so I wanted to take it easy today with less than 24 hours before the event.  All the lifts felt a little off, like I'm down on strength and feeling kind of brittle.  Hopefully my body is just loading up for tomorrow.

The course for 2010 is apparently much "improved" over the 2009 course.  I read in an article during the initial trial, a team with a 38 minute time on the '09 course took 53 minutes to complete the new one.  This doesn't exactly inspire confidence, but I'm sure we will get through it together.  I plan to take it easy on any of the drop offs, as I'm pretty sure I have a stress fracture in my left foot.  I did a little more research and it sounds like my symptoms point to a calcaneus stress fracture based on the pinch test.  I went ahead and setup an appointment with my doctor on Monday, I figure it's good to plan ahead :-)  There is no way I will cut back unless I hear it from a doctor, so I'm going to suck it up and go again.  The bills I have racked up since I started running this year are just ridiculous.  I'm going to try and cram everything in before the new year, so I don't have to pay my deductible again.

No comments:

Post a Comment