Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ding Fries are Done!

9/25 run 4.2 miles plus 32 obstacles aka "The Leatherneck"

My home has never looked so good, after being in a car with two staties and my lifting partner for 15 hours (ok, some of that time was spent wandering around a field playing grab ass).  The Leatherneck is definitely light years ahead of last year's course.  Obstacles 25, 26 and 30 were the biggest challenge as you must cling onto super slippery surfaces without touching the ground while trying not to kick any of the other competitors in the head.  We'll see how I feel tomorrow.  I held my own with the rest of my team, thankfully I excelled at the climbing and upper body stuff.  The run bits weren't too bad until we got into some extremely dusty sections, making it hard to breath.  The number one thing I learned is I need to get Lasik before I try this again.  I could barely see after the the 4th obstacle as you had to crawl through mud, under logs that were too low to keep your eyes out of the muddy water.  From then on, I did my best to manage the amount of dirt going in and out of my contacts.

1 comment:

  1. Weak post! I sat home all day thinking about what kind of torture, er I mean fun you were having and this is all you tell me about it. Weak :-) Love you! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete