Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Breaking More Records

8/17 lift power clean 2x230 deadlift 2x420

In some ways, I'm more proud of a record on a double than I am of a new record on a single.  I finally moved up on the power clean for my double.  I think I've been doing 225 for like 6 months or more.  I stuck to my 5lbs on the deadlift, which puts me 5lbs off my single.  The key I'm finding is to make sure I complete my exhale and start my inhale before I start descending for the next rep, otherwise I can't get in enough air while descending with all the weight and I end up feeling like I'm going to pass out.

I had to take the tests and qualification on Tuesday for the training I did over the weekend, so I didn't have time to workout that day.  Also, I attended the Vespa information session with Peter Defty at Bull City Running on Tuesday night.  I'll do a separate post to talk about that.  I've been using Vespa when I run (although those runs have been few and far between lately).

No comments:

Post a Comment