Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Back to the weight pile

11/2 lift box squat 5x295 towel bench 5x245 plus snatches 2x100 and pull-ups with 5x +45lbs

The squat we moved up 10lbs for all 5 sets and the bench stayed the same from 4 weeks ago.  I could have probably hit 315 on the squat, but I think it's better to ease back into things.  The bench was near max effort though, but we did add 10lbs only 4 weeks ago.  I only did 2 snatches on each each side with the 100lb dumbell, as I didn't want to miss any reps, in order to build my confidence for hitting more reps next week.  I felt this was more important than the actual number after the fiasco that was Monday's snatches before the trip, where I was missing multiple attempts.  I'm a big believer in having to do something right twenty times to make up for doing it wrong one time.  We are going to lift again tomorrow, so I plan to take it easy the rest of the evening.  I will say today's 5 sets of 5 reps felt a hundred times better than last week's 3 sets of 3 reps.  I think Mexico and the layoff really helped to restore some of my energy.

In other news, I'll try and get all the photos from Mexico up on my me.com site for everyone to enjoy.  Maybe even a video or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment