Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

And On The 5th Try, He Cleaned

7/13 lift power clean 1x235 deadlift 1x420 (did 5x5,4,3,2,1 this workout)

Yes, it took me five attempts to clean 235.  Going into the workout, I honestly thought I had no chance of hitting the single after my horrible showing on the box squat, Monday and my nagging back pain.  Somehow I pulled it off with good form too.  Each time I tweaked my pull a little bit, as I just wasn't getting the bar high enough to make the catch on the first 4 attempts.

After all the extra effort I expended on the clean, my hopes for moving up on max deadlift had dropped from slim to none.  My lifting partner had a great showing though and this helped motivate me to stick with my 5lb increase.  I had a great lift with no issues at all.  He thought I should have done more, but I'm going to stick with 5lbs a month for now.  I think this is a good plan, as I'm trying to increase my running mileage and add in some additional training over the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment