Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

End of another 5x5 week!

4/1 lift squat 4x265 close-grip bench press 5x205 pull-ups +55lbs and ab roller work

I widened my foot placement to allow a more upright posture, while still keeping my shoulders aligned over my ankles.  This adjustment seems to have helped me to maintain the same rate of ascent for my shoulders and my hips when I come out of the bottom of the squat.  I think my squat form has become more and more screwed up over the last year as I worked around my back injury.

I made sure to keep my elbows in tight to my body and my left shoulder didn't bother me at all today.  Although, the weights are around 50lbs off of what I would do with a normal grip.  My plan is to stick with the narrow grip and build things up slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment