Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lower Slower is Hotter Flatter

4/20 run 30 mins on the mean streets of southern Delaware in New Balance Trail Minimus MT10 with Injinji socks

HR avg 151 max 164

I felt like an egg on a frying pan today.  No shade, no wind and just asphalt and concrete helping to convection bake my ass.  It doesn't help that I never run on streets or sidewalks either.  The temperature was around 84 and sun was out in full force.  My plan was to run for an hour, but being the hottest day I've run so far this year and my knee bother me; I wasn't feeling it.  The temperature will be back in the 60's tomorrow and if my knee is up to it, I'll try to redeem myself.

I've come to a few conclusions today.  I still don't like running on the road.  The MT10 does everything well for a minimalist shoe, including roads.  Delaware is completely flat.  My body needs more time to adapt to the summer heat.  Some people say a cucumber tastes better pickled.

No comments:

Post a Comment