Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Maxing Out before Mountains to Sea

4/4 lift box squat 1x315 close-grip towel bench 1x225 dumbell snatches 5x100 righthand and pull-ups +55lbs

I don't know how or why anyone would do squats outside of a power rack.  Today when I was doing my 3x295lb set, I exploded off the box and got too far forward to balance the weight.  I would have done a face plant into the ground with 295 on my shoulders, if not for the power rack.  With the power rack stops set at the proper height, it was drama free for me to lean forward and dump the weight.  I'm struggling to find my power on the box it seems, now that I'm squatting again, but at least I managed to match my single from 4 weeks ago.  It's good to be doing all the main exercises again and I realize the importance of not missing a single core exercise if I can help it.

Close-grip on the towel bench was another feeling out period as we both picked a medium heavy weight to max out.  I definitely feel like I can do a lot more even with the close grip.  My shoulder is still doing just fine with these, although the snatches were a different story.  I think I managed one clean dumbell snatch on the left side, so clearly something is still going on with that shoulder.  The funny thing is my lifting partner is the opposite even though we are both right handed.  His right side is the problem.  I guess someone could create a pretty strong Frankenstein's monster from the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment