Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Back to Back is hard on the Back

5/18 lift power clean 2x225 deadlift 2x400 plus incline dumbell presses and rotator cuff bands

The power clean felt really heavy as my hips and glutes are still fatigued from yesterday.  I had to get really low to clear the double and my second rep felt a little squirrelly but I got them both without any misses.  I stuck to my 5lb increase on the deadlift, which involved a lot of shin dragging but no hitching (apologies to the video owner, but a great teaching aid!).

This was my first time trying to do a regular elbows out style pressing exercise in awhile and it seems my shoulder is no better.  I'm not sure what is going on, but as soon as my elbows move away from my sides and closer to 90 degrees it feels like my left shoulder is coming apart.  I should just be thankful I can do any pressing at all and stick with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment