Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Purple Leg

6/29 lift power clean 3x215 deadlift 1+1+1x405 plus incline dumbell presses

I didn't notice until Tuesday, but it seems I managed to tear something in the hamstring/adductor area of my right leg during the Spartan Race.  It has manifested as a large purple/yellow area on the inside/back of my right leg.  I think affecting some of my lifts, but otherwise I don't really notice it unless I bump the area.  I have a pretty good idea of which obstacle did it too. 

There was a mud pit obstacle with 10-12 foot climb out on a sheer clay/mud face using a rope.  When I got to the top of the rope and had to transition out of the pit, I threw my left leg over the edge and pulled myself up.  In doing so, something in my groin locked up with enough pain to blur my vision.  This was at an aid station, so I ended up leaning against a bulldozer for a minute or two while the rest of my team helped each other out of the pit.  Once I started running again the pain went away, but I think that's what did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment